Monday 18 July 2011

A week in the office.

I started my first week of work expirience at the The Yorkshire Haven, a breast cancer support center. My role is to help organise a fashion show which The Haven are hosting on the 1st of august. So far, I have had to ogranise meetings, speak to clients and source prizes for a raffle. I have also been contactiong various fashion brands in hope they will provide clothes for the fashion show. Luckily for me I do have the gift of the gab, and I have managed to get LK Bennet on board, Oasis involved and found prizes worth upto £100 for free. It takes alot of emailing and calling but my first week has been quite successful.

As well as the fashion show the Haven have recently launched a High Heel-a-thon, asking people to walk a mile in their heels. Ambassador Kimberly Walsh from Girls Aloud, joined the Haven last year, but unfortantly cant attend this time....(damn, was so close to meeting her!)

follow the link to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment