Monday 24 September 2012

Fitness First Bus Shelter



As I started to watch this video, I slowly realised what Fitness First had set out to do and Im not quite sure if it's worked in their favour. The bus shelter located in Rotterdam, boldly displays your weight using the scales built into the seats. Many people have argued how clever the advert is but the general reception is any company that has just publicly exposed your weight without your permission is not somewhere you want to spend your money. I cant decide whether I love it for the brilliant execution or hate it because if that was me I would be rather embarrassed. Although the idea is meant to be a motivational tool, I wonder if Fitness First considered those with eating dissorders and how it might effect them when they took a seat. I understand companies cant please everyone when they create an advert but it doesn't seem like they pleased anyone with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment