Saturday 19 May 2012

KKK

Currently bogged down by the ridiculous amount of uni work I have at the minute, I have been looking into the shock tactics that PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) enforce to gain media attention. Generally impressed by their passionate approaches, I was more than shocked when I read about the organisation dressing up as the KKK outside the Westmister Dog Show. PETA dressed in white sheet-like clothing to evoke the presence of the KKK, the protesters claimed that the American Kennel Club wee attempting to build a master race of pure-breed dogs and by doing so is unhealthy to all dogs. The controversial stunt gained tons of publicity which was exactly PETA’s aim, but I can’t say I agree with the comparison and I actually find the organisation quite inconsiderate comparing the two. Until the Westminster Dog show starts to lynch and burn dogs at the stake, Ill choose not to support such a ridiculous campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment