Tuesday 12 June 2012

Nike building twist



To work for a company like Nike, your ideas need to be one off, unique and never done before. I think its safe to say I’ve never seen this done before. Using projection mapping, the ‘Building Twist’ campaign was controlled by a Nike trainer that was wired up with pressure sensors and plugged into an Arduino board. This allowed users to literally twist a building like you can the shoe, demonstrating the trainer’s main feature of flexibility. I have to say it is a pretty cool interactive experience but I’m not sure how much it sells the trainers or whether it just shows how much money Nike have to waste on stunts like these. I enjoy reading about the different ways big brands like Nike engage with their audience but I cant help but feel they very rarely sell their products anymore, they sell campaigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment